The course makes its first appearance in this game. There are many Piranha Plants in this area. The music is the same as the game's Mario Circuit and Luigi Circuit. There are also many tight curves in this track, especially on the tail turn. Daisy Cruiser can be seen in the background.
This track returns in Mario Kart DS. It is the final track in the Lightning Cup. The underground path has been removed, but the creek shortcut is still able to use. This is one of the most technical courses in the whole Mario Kart series.
- Missions information
- Mission 6-6: Yoshi must perform 14 power-slide mini-turbos in a lap.
This track returns in Mario Kart 8 as the first track of the Egg Cup. It has received many major visual upgrades around the track, even rocks out at sea are shaped like Yoshi's head and another shaped like a Yoshi egg. Also, at the start/finish line, the giant rock which marks the shoe area has been turned into a little town with a harbor nearby which caused the three Piranha Plants near the finish line in the original to be taken out. The first underground path came back from the original version of this course.
- One is at the beginning that goes over a creek, skipping a turn. Karts with high off-road and strong mini-turbos can pass through this shortcut without the use of a mushroom. (i.e. Egg 1, Dry Bomber) ✱ for all games
- There is a tunnel (an underground path) that skips a few turns. The underground tunnel requires a mushroom to reach, skipping the grass and some water along the way. ✱ for MKDD
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart 8 / Deluxe
Mario Kart Trivia
- This is one of two tracks in the series not from Super Mario Kart that appears in more than two games, the other being Baby Park.
- In the Mario Kart 8 version of the track, the Mario Kart logo on the starting banner is the modern design, instead of the classic one used for the retro courses in the game. GBA Ribbon Road and GBA Cheese Land also use this design.
- One of the Yoshis near the starting line will occasionally hum Totaka's Song. This also occurs in other courses featuring Yoshis in the audience (Sweet Sweet Canyon, SNES Donut Plains 3, and N64 Yoshi Valley).
- It is also one of the three downloadable courses that doesn't have any gliding, underwater or anti-gravity sections, the others being Excitebike Arena and SNES Rainbow Road.
- Before the finish line, a screen can be seen displaying the course's map, this same detail can be found in Water Park and Rainbow Road.
- The lake, which turned out to be Yoshi's cheek, has been dried up into sand since Mario Kart DS.
N64 Rainbow Road
Recently reappeared in:
Mario Kart 8
|Nitro cups||Mushroom Cup||Luigi Circuit • Peach Beach • Baby Park • Dry Dry Desert|
|Flower Cup||Mushroom Bridge • Mario Circuit • Daisy Cruiser • Waluigi Stadium|
|Star Cup||Sherbet Land • Mushroom City • Yoshi Circuit • DK Mountain|
|Special Cup||Wario Colosseum • Dino Dino Jungle • Bowser's Castle • Rainbow Road|
|Battle Courses||Cookie Land • Block City • Luigi's Mansion • Nintendo GameCube • Pipe Plaza • Tilt-A-Kart|
|Mario Kart DS courses|
|Nitro cups||Mushroom Cup||Figure-8 Circuit • Yoshi Falls • Cheep Cheep Beach • Luigi's Mansion|
|Flower Cup||Desert Hills • Delfino Square • Waluigi Pinball • Shroom Ridge|
|Star Cup||DK Pass • Tick-Tock Clock • Mario Circuit • Airship Fortress|
|Special Cup||Wario Stadium • Peach Gardens • Bowser's Castle • Rainbow Road|
|Retro cups||Shell Cup||SNES Mario Circuit 1 • N64 Moo Moo Farm • GBA Peach Circuit • GCN Luigi Circuit|
|Banana Cup||SNES Donut Plains 1 • N64 Frappe Snowland • GBA Bowser's Castle • GCN Baby Park|
|Leaf Cup||SNES Koopa Beach 2 • N64 Choco Mountain • GBA Luigi Circuit • GCN Mushroom Bridge|
|Lightning Cup||SNES Choco Island 2 • N64 Banshee Boardwalk • GBA Sky Garden • GCN Yoshi Circuit|
|Battle Courses||Nintendo DS • Twilight House • Palm Shore • Tart Top • N64 Block Fort • GCN Pipe Plaza|