|Toad in Mario Kart 8.|
|First Appearance||Super Mario Kart (1992)|
|Latest Appearance||Mario Kart 8 (2014)|
|Total Appearances|| Super Mario Kart|
Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario Kart Arcade GP
Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX
Mario Kart 8
|Weight Class(es)|| SMK-MKW: Light|
MKAGP2: Easy Control
Toad is the brother of Toadette (confirmed in the Mario Kart Wii guidebook only), and he is a good friend of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, and Yoshi. Like the other heroes, Toad obviously despises Bowser.
Toad is a small little guy in the Mario series. He has a white mushroom with big red dots on it on top of his head. If you are wondering why, it's because he is from Mushroom Kingdom. Now do you understand? Despite having an appearance similar to many other Toads from the Mushroom Kingdom, he is often referred to as a close buddy of Mario's and is seen to being a loyal friend to those he's friends with. He has big brown shoes and a blue vest with gold trim. Toad wears a diaper, so that implies that he may still be a baby.. Also, he has a happy, memorable face.
- Toad Kart
- Standard TD
- 4-Wheel Cradle
- Standard Kart S
- Booster Seat
- Toad Kart
- Mini Beast
- Cheep Charger
- Tiny Titan
- Blue Falcon
- Standard Bike S
- Bullet Bike
- Bit Bike
- Jet Bubble
Staff Ghost Tracks
- Super Mario Kart: In Super Mario Kart, Toad is classified as a lightweight and shares his weight class with Koopa Troopa . Like Koopa Troopa, he has the best handling in the game with good acceleration and low top speed. Due to being the lightest character in the game, Toad is most likely to be knocked around by heavier characters.
- Mario Kart 64: In Mario Kart 64, he is a lightweight. He is the lightest character in the game and has the highest top speed. His home course is Toad's Turnpike, and this is the first game where Toad gets a home course of his own.
- Mario Kart: Super Circuit: In Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Toad is a lightweight similar to the previous game and still is the lightest character in the game.
- Mario Kart Double Dash!!: In Mario Kart Double Dash!!, Toad is partnered with Toadette (who made her first Mario debut in this game) by default. His default kart is the Toad Kart while his special item is the Golden Mushroom. This is the first game where Toad is unlockable rather than being available at the start.
- Mario Kart DS : In Mario Kart DS, his karts are the Mushmellow, Standard TD, and 4-Wheel Cradle. He is once again a lightweight and has excellent offroad and above average item use. His mission involves racing against Goomboss around Baby Park.
- Mario Kart Wii: In Mario Kart Wii, Toad is once again a default lightweight. His specialties are drifting (which rivals with Peach) and acceleration (which rivals with Waluigi).
- Mario Kart 7: Toad returns in Mario Kart 7 as a lightweight, although this time as a feather weight.
- Mario Kart 8: Toad returns in Mario Kart 8 once again as a lightweight. Unlike the previous games, Toad's main attributes are the speed and weight stats, although they are still lower than that of the middleweights and heavyweights. In Grand Prix mode, Toad's main rivals are Koopa Troopa and Waluigi. Also, both him and Donkey Kong are rivals of Yoshi and Peach. in this game, Toad now has two race courses of his own, which are Toad Harbor and the returning Toad's Turnpike from Mario Kart 64.
- Toad is voiced by Jen Taylor in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, who also voices Peach, Daisy, and Toadette. In Mario Kart Wii he is voiced by Samantha Kelly, who also voices Peach, Baby Peach, and Toadette. So this makes Toad the only male character to be voiced by the aforementioned voice actresses.
- Toad is the only character, that is unlockable in one game (Mario Kart Double Dash) and a starter character in the other games in the Mario Kart series.
- In Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Toad, besides Yoshi, is the only racer to team up with another racer of different gender.
- Additionally, Toad was the only character who had a partner made for him in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!