A portion of the track consists of horizontal moving gears. Driving on the part of the gear that's moving forward grants a speed boost. There are also some clocks where hands turn, clobbering any character that touches them. A giant clock in the middle has two hands. Bumping into the hands makes racers spin out. There is a pendulum that CPU racers often crash into because they don't acknowledge it.
Some parts of the track do not have railings, and heavy racers take advantage of these to knock characters off. Near the end, there are two vertical gears that boost speed if they're rotating forward.
- Missions information
- Mission 6-7: Toad must collect 40 coins.
- Mission 7-3: Donkey Kong must complete two laps in the time limit.
The course returns in Mario Kart 8. The course's graphics have vastly improved; extra clock parts have been added in the background. The start/finish line is now an alarm clock.
In terms of track changes, a second pendulum has been added before the four spinning wheels. An optional flying section was also added there, allowing the player to fly over the first wheel. Also, the clocks' hands can now be driven on, over a hole in the center of the clocks.
- If the clock hands are aligned just right, one can ride up the hand itself to avoid having to around. ✱ for MK8
- This track is inspired by the fourteenth level of the same name in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS.
- In Mario Kart 8, the BG music begins with an alarm clock going off. The goal line is starting off the music due to it being an alarm clock.
- In Mario Kart 8, on top of the first pendulum, there is a star surrounded by patterns. This possibly could refer to how Tick-Tock Clock was in the Star Cup in Mario Kart DS when it first appeared.
- This stage has the 2nd most collectible coins in Mario Kart 8, with 54 physical coins you can collect, just behind Rainbow Road (N64), which has 62.
- In the Mario Kart 8 version, the gears move along with the music.
N64 Yoshi Valley
Recently reappeared in:
Mario Kart 8
3DS Piranha Plant Slide
|Mario Kart DS courses|
|Nitro cups||Mushroom Cup||Figure-8 Circuit • Yoshi Falls • Cheep Cheep Beach • Luigi's Mansion|
|Flower Cup||Desert Hills • Delfino Square • Waluigi Pinball • Shroom Ridge|
|Star Cup||DK Pass • Tick-Tock Clock • Mario Circuit • Airship Fortress|
|Special Cup||Wario Stadium • Peach Gardens • Bowser Castle • Rainbow Road|
|Retro cups||Shell Cup||SNES Mario Circuit 1 • N64 Moo Moo Farm • GBA Peach Circuit • GCN Luigi Circuit|
|Banana Cup||SNES Donut Plains 1 • N64 Frappe Snowland • GBA Bowser's Castle 2 • GCN Baby Park|
|Leaf Cup||SNES Koopa Beach 2 • N64 Choco Mountain • GBA Luigi Circuit • GCN Mushroom Bridge|
|Lightning Cup||SNES Choco Island 2 • N64 Banshee Boardwalk • GBA Sky Garden • GCN Yoshi Circuit|
|Battle Courses||Nintendo DS • Twilight House • Palm Shore • Tart Top • N64 Block Fort • GCN Pipe Plaza|