The course begins in a terminal. After a hairpin turn, players will exit the terminal by taking a jump onto the Tarmac. After this, there is a small jump over a conveyer belt, after which the track proceeds under a jetliner. Once passing under the jetliner, a ramp leads to a raised track which then turns left. The track then splits into two alternate paths; one where a jump can be taken onto the wing of a plane, proceed through it and come out on the other wing, or one where the jump is not taken so the player drives under the plane.
Shortly after, players will take a left turn, and then hit some boost panels leading to a big gliding section. The gilding section ends at a very short anti-gravity section suspended in the air, which loops around to another gliding section. Players will land on a track that goes straight and then turns left and re-enters the terminal. There is one last right turn to the finish line.
At the finish, on the right a board can be seen, including names of other tracks, being among others Dolphin Shoals and Sweet Sweet Canyon. On the screens around the inside of the airport, a list of departures to other courses, such as Shy Guy Falls and Thwomp Ruins, can be seen. Posters of Water Park can also be seen.
- One can cut off the left turn before the first gliding section if one uses a speed boosting item in the correct place.
- One can drive through an area with conveyors carrying luggage cutting off the final turn.
Mario Kart Trivia
- If one looks very closely while gliding, players can see the turtle rock from Koopa Troopa Beach.
- The GalaxyAir posters reference Super Mario Galaxy.
- Odd for any airport, jetliners are only seen taking off, never landing.
- Inside the airport, a female intercom can be heard speaking. This can also be heard in Super Bell Subway.
- Interestingly, Birdo is mentioned on the intercom.
- Star-shaped islands can be seen in the sea in the background, possibly referring to the Star Cup the course is part of.
- Like Super Bell Subway, there are signs around the track that advertise for other tracks.
Shy Guy Falls
Recently reappeared in: