Shy Guy Falls is the final course of the Flower Cup in Mario Kart 8. It takes place in a cliff-side area with two waterfalls. Shy Guys can be seen mining throughout the course while players will drive up and down on waterfalls in an anti-gravity section.
The course begins in a crystal mine created by Shy Guys. After a left turn followed by a right turn, an anti-gravity section begins, which turns the course sideways. This is followed by a jump over the first waterfall, and a left turn onto and up the second waterfall, where there are many boost panels. The track then turns into a wooden path and makes a left turn onto and down the first waterfall.
After driving down the waterfall, there is a gliding section leading to the next part of the track. If the player pulls their glider up, another path can be taken, which then jumps back to the main path. After, the track turns slightly to the left, through a small mine where the Shy Guys are working, then to the right, and is followed by two jumps. After the jumps, the player makes a right turn which leads to the finish line.
- Before the first waterfall, there is a turn that one can cut off if one uses a speed boosting item.
- Before the finish line, one can cut off the final turn by using a Mushroom or a Star.
- After the gliding section, the player can take a shortcut by boosting through some grass and taking a jump onto a path which then joins up with the main path.
- The Shy Guys seen in this course are referenced in Toad Harbor by an ad slogan that reads "Shy Guy Metals".
- The Mario Kart 8 version of Wii Wario's Gold Mine has the same Shy Guy's chant and mining actions as this course.
- There are 50 different physical coins one can obtain on this course.
- This is one of the four nitro tracks in Mario Kart 8 to only have an alternate music of their track. The others are Water Park, Dolphin Shoals, and Cloudtop Cruise. Coincidentally, they all appear separately in each nitro cup.
Shy Guy Falls
Recently reappeared in: