Of course (pun intended) having Rainbow Road take place in just a small portion of this gigantic, 3 sectioned track would be extremely boring. So, it's a cruise stage in Super Smash Bros. where there's a fixed platform that rapidly zips through the entire track, stopping at points along the way (sort of like Delfino Plaza an Halberd from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.)
The primary platform is a long rectangular piece that glows with an assortment of colors. The outer edges alternate from yellow to violet. There is really not much to see on the platform besides bloodshed, the stops are what makes the course.The Shy Guys return from Brawl to wreak more havoc upon the battle stage. Again, they solely use Standard Karts, and when these pesky dicks run into a player, they go flying.
If a combatant is left behind or is cast down from Rainbow Road, they erupt into a pillar of fire for punishment.
DestinationsHere are the fixed locations that this cruise stage makes a pit stop by. They are notable features of the real Nintendo 3DS Rainbow Road.
- Near the huge Saturn-like planet. The rings are not accessible, but ascending platforms allow for more acrobatic action.
- The bouncing white mushroom is the second stop, but it doesn't bounce anymore.
- The vibrating, holed section of track right before the crater filled moon. Sadly though, its vibe is gone.
- Next, the cratered moon (don't worry, the Chain Chomps are gone) with a few small inclines comes up.
- Players also stop inside the huge cylindrical roadway, in which a rotating red strip can carry fighters into a fiery explosion.
- Finally, the dangerous Glider section is accessible, with a few holes and ramps. Shy Guys are still a nuisance here with their damn Gliders.
Mario Kart Trivia
- This is the second Mario Kart course to be featured on a Smash Bros. games, the first of which was Mario Circuit.
- A few minor differences from the original track are:
- A trophy commemorating the track can be obtained and viewed in the Trophy Hoard.
- Rainbow Road has two soundtracks to play from, the original piece from Mario Kart 7, and then a special "Rainbow Road Medley".