One of the most infamous bosses in video game history, Bowser is the king of the Koopa Troop and the main antagonist in the Super Mario series and takes Princess Peach captive from Mushroom Kingdom time after time. His plans are always thwarted, however, as Mario traverses through many hazardous worlds to save her and defeat Bowser in his final castle. Bowser as a protagonist only appeared in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
So it's kinda funny how Bowser and Mario, two big enemies, can come together to compete in a not-so-friendly rivalry of Mario Kart. Throughout the series, Bowser has always been in the heavy weight class, holding one of the fastest top speeds out of all the characters.
Bowser is an incredibly strong Koopa and is twice the size of Koopa Troopa. His body is a dark yellow, and his bulky arms and legs end in razor sharp spikes. That's why no one wants to shake his hand. His tail is also spiky, and on his neck, shoulders and wrists are four black bands with silver spikes lining them. His mouth is full of sharp teeth, and large horns come out of his green head. He has a fiery orange mane, and on his back is a giant green shell with numerous spikes lining it. Bowser loves spikes. Bowser has a deep, growling voice, and he can shoot fire balls from his mouth. So watch out when he is talking. Bowser is the King of the Koopas.
- Koopa King
- Standard BW
- Standard Kart L
- Flame Flyer
- Piranha Prowler
- Wario Bike
- Standard Bike L
- Flame Runner
- Shooting Star
Staff Ghost Courses
- Bowser has a skeletal counterpart character, the bony Dry Bowser.
- Bowser's son is Bowser Jr.
- Bowser is voiced by Kenny James.
- He makes a few small appearances in Disney's "Wreck-It Ralph".
- The Koopalings were originally meant as Bowser's children, but this was changed when Bowser Jr. was introduced in 2002.
- Bowser is one of the six characters to appear in every Mario Kart installment, along with Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, and Toad.