Baby Park is the third track of the Mushroom Cup in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, the last course of the Banana Cup in Mario Kart DS, and the first track of the Crossing Cup in Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Its layout is a plain simple oval (similar to most NASCAR tracks, but reversed) with one side in pink and the other side in blue, supposedly cotton-candy colors. There is also an amusement park themed background and the music sounds excitingly wacky, also resembling Toad Park from Mario Sports Mix. All Green Shells and Red Shells can go over the middle, making this course destructive and exciting.
All racers must do seven laps, making this the first of two tracks with a new set of laps attached to it. The second is Wario Colosseum with two laps. It is the shortest course-for-lap ever and therefore it is possible to 'overlap' someone multiple times, taking roughly eleven to thirteen seconds per lap.
- Missions information
- Mission 2-8: Peach must perform 6 power slide mini turbos in 3 laps.
- Mission 3-Boss: Toad must race a giant Goomba named Goomboss to the finish in 3 laps.
The track makes a reappearance in Mario Kart 8 as the first track in the Crossing Cup. It is heavily renovated, as it now takes place in a theme park. The track now moves up and down, and uses Anti-gravity when the karts go up and down. Baby Park also has the least amount of possible collectable coins on the track, at 16.
Mario Kart Trivia
- Petey Piranha is the only character tall enough to be spun out by the roller coaster in this course.
- Taking seven laps to complete in most iterations (five in DS), this is easily the shortest course in the series.
- This is one of two tracks in the series not from Super Mario Kart that appears in more than two games, the other being GCN Yoshi Circuit.
- In Mario Kart 8, the track, along with the other downloadable courses, Mute City and Big Blue, takes place entirely in anti-gravity.
- In Mario Kart 8, SNES Rainbow Road, N64 Rainbow Road, the new Rainbow Road and this track are the only courses in the game to have the map in different colors instead of just blue. This was changed to white with all three Rainbow Road tracks in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
- In Mario Kart 8, the track's music speeds up after each lap.
- In Mario Kart 8, the castle in the background is a reference to Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney World.
Dry Dry Desert
Recently reappeared in:
Mario Kart 8
GBA Cheese Land
|Nitro cups||Mushroom Cup||Luigi Circuit • Peach Beach • Baby Park • Dry Dry Desert|
|Flower Cup||Mushroom Bridge • Mario Circuit • Daisy Cruiser • Waluigi Stadium|
|Star Cup||Sherbet Land • Mushroom City • Yoshi Circuit • DK Mountain|
|Special Cup||Wario Colosseum • Dino Dino Jungle • Bowser's Castle • Rainbow Road|
|Battle Courses||Cookie Land • Block City • Luigi's Mansion • Nintendo GameCube • Pipe Plaza • Tilt-A-Kart|